This program focuses on information systems while providing the student with additional opportunities to pursue his or her interest in other fields such as accounting, computer networking, information security, e-commerce, industrial manufacturing, marketing, humanities or social sciences. Students will study computer programming, communications, the Internet, databases and business administration. The program includes the application, implementation and management of information systems. Both existing and emerging technologies are emphasized in this program.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and implement information systems as solutions to business needs
- Develop strategies to protect, detect and react to threats to information assets
- Construct and modify various types of databases
- Communicate information technology to non-technology areas
- Demonstrate an in-depth proficiency in the use of business application software
- Can apply mathematics as appropriate to solve problems in computer science