Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate basic fundamental knowledge of the scope of the profession, professional practice, and the historical, scientific, and philosophical foundations of the relevant recreation, park resources, leisure experiences or human service industries, including theories of play, recreation and leisure and human functioning.
- Recognize basic fundamental knowledge about management/administration of recreation, park resources, and leisure services, including the ability to recognize basic facts, concepts, principles and procedures of management, marketing and financial and human resources.
- Demonstrate basic fundamental knowledge of appropriate programming concepts and operational procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist with designing appropriate programming based on best practices in the field, implement and facilitate the programming and evaluate and document outcomes of targeted human services for improvement and accountability.
- Apply concepts, principles, and procedures of management/administration, including basic financial management, marketing and human resources.
- Demonstrate the ability to use effective individual and group leadership skills which includes the ability to direct and guide recreation and leisure experiences, use appropriate helping relationship skills and embrace personal and cultural dimensions of diversity.