For many people, health and fitness are a way of life. They are driven by a passion not only for a personal pursuit of wellness, but for a desire to help others pursue that same sense of well-being. If this quest for health and helping others resonates with you, Indiana Tech will help you cultivate it with our Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science. Indiana Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science is ideal for those inspired to help others pursue healthy lifestyles. Career opportunities for graduates from this program include personal trainer, exercise physiologist, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation specialist, dietician or corporate employee wellness director. In addition, this degree track could prepare you to apply for more intensive study in athletic training, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the application of biological and physical sciences to the principles of human movement and physical activity.
- Demonstrate competency with laboratory skills and equipment necessary to assess movement, physical activity, athletic performance and individual health and wellness.
- Communicate information related to human movement, athletic performance, and individual health and wellness effectively in oral and written formats.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in exercise science content.
- Design and implement individual and group exercise and wellness programs based on client needs.