This degree is only available in the College of Professional Studies.
This program focuses on information systems while providing the student with additional opportunities to pursue his or her interest in other fields such as accounting, computer networking, information security, e-commerce, industrial manufacturing, marketing, humanities or social sciences. Students will study computer programming, communications, the Internet, databases and business administration. The program includes the application, implementation and management of information systems. Both existing and emerging technologies are emphasized in this program.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and implement information systems as solutions to business needs.
- Develop strategies to protect, detect and react to threats to information assets.
- To apply effectively and modify various types of databases.
- Communicate information technology to non-technology areas.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of business application software.
Depending upon the student’s choice of elective courses, the graduate may be employed in information technology support, information marketing, web development, information security, financial management, technology related sales, or any other information systems business area.