The mission of the Communication program is to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to listen, understand, and share information of local and global significance. Using theory and professional practices, students will understand organizations and audiences in various dynamic media professions. The mission creates an environment for students to develop through academic and creative performance, which complements their participation in university, professional, and community activities.
Program Learning Outcomes:
1. Apply the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, and historical trends in the field of Communication.
2. Apply ethical behavior in the field of Communication.
3. Apply rhetorical strategies using methods in the field of Communication.
4. Present a message using appropriate channels for specific Communication professions, audiences, and purposes.
5. Present a sustained, reasoned argument in a highly professional manner.