A Bachelor of Science in Health Science from Indiana Tech will prepare you for careers in a wide range of clinical and allied health care professions, including entry into an accelerated nursing program.
With coursework that includes anatomy, physiology, data analysis, psychology and biomedical research, you will learn medical and clinical terminology, protocols, and practices, and you will be able to demonstrate critical thinking, inquiry, and analysis in scientific, medical, and clinical contexts.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Apply quantitative, logical, and analytical thinking based on scientific inquiry.
2. Analyze medical issues using critical thought based on the scientific method.
3. Recall concepts of human anatomy, human physiology, and human pathology, with an emphasis on human medical diagnostic imaging and other diagnostics related to human health.
4. Recall medical and clinical-based terminology and communication that includes awareness of scientific, peer-reviewed journals related to their specialized field.
5. Apply peer-reviewed scientific evidence in professional healthcare-based communication and decision-making practices.
6. Apply professional behavior and conduct in a health care, medical, rehabilitative, and/or clinical setting using current federal and state health care policies including confidentiality laws and the patient’s bill of rights.