The Legal Studies Certificate is designed to introduce undergraduates to aspects of legal studies which would be helpful in law school or other legal-related careers by taking a variety of classes related to the law. Students in this certificate will have access to our Pre-Law Advisor to receive help with the process of entering law school, including LSAT preparation.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the legal system in the United States.
2. Summarize the major components of the United States’ criminal justice system.
3. Explain how the major components of the U.S. criminal justice systems function within the constraints of the law.
4. Present effective oral and written communication skills appropriate to the legal context.
5. Express, orally and in writing, a position, theory, or argument.
6. Provide quality legal advice utilizing data, legal knowledge, and insight.
7. Apply legal and ethical principles to decision-making in the professional legal environment.
8. Identify sensitive issues relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the professional legal environment.
9. Assess sensitive issues relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the professional legal environment.