2020-2021 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Criminal Justice - Administration, B.S.
The specialization in criminal justice administration prepares students for the work that goes on behind the scenes in a criminal justice organization. Managing the operations of a police organization requires a unique ability to understand the needs of the community being served, as well as the components of the organization. These courses enable graduates to enter organizations with a broader understanding of the rationale for decision-making within the organization.
If you enjoy leading a team of people and have the desire to make a real difference in your community, this is the degree for you.
With a criminal justice administration degree, graduates can excel as an administrator in municipal, county or state organizations. Other career options include becoming civil service officers, state and federal parole officers, court administrators, federal law enforcement officers or positions in private-sector law enforcement.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the legal system of the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major components of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective use of technological tools in the field of criminal justice.
- Understand the importance of ethical behavior.
- Recognize and be sensitive to issues related to diversity.