HUM 3330 - American Writers
Prerequisite(s): ENG 1270 .
This course is a survey of selected American writers representative of key literary and cultural movements in the United States. Credit(s): 3 (3 plus 0)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recall the evolution of American literature, noting key historical and literary movements.
- Analyze the literary devices and themes particular to American literature.
- Generate an analysis or interpretation of an American literary work using MLA documentation.
- Recognize American genres and subgenres.
- Compare literature from a variety of American co-cultures.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)