HUM 3390 - Women in Literature
Prerequisite(s): ENG 1270 .
This course is designed as a survey and introduction to a variety of female writers, and students will think critically, write, and present about these texts. This course will also seek to answer why women’s writing has often been marginalized and how women writers have begun to gain more prominence. Credit(s): 3 (3 plus 0)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize a selection of diverse women writers.
- Recall and analyze key themes in women’s literature.
- Examine and critique questions about women’s literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the significance of women in literature.
- Analyze, interpret, synthesize, and write about texts written by women.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)