Indiana Tech provides learners a professional education; prepares them for active participation, career advancement, and leadership in the global 21st century society; and motivates them toward a life of significance and worth.
- Respect: Treating all stakeholders fairly and equitably
- Commitment: Affirming an unceasing dedication to educating the whole learner
- Honesty: Demonstrating truthful behavior in an open environment
- Passion: Possessing a burning desire to fulfill our purpose, mission, and vision
- Integrity: Behaving consistently with mission and core values
The university’s core purpose is to provide career-focused, professional programs of higher education.
Diversity and Inclusion
Indiana Tech views diversity as an asset and aspires to create a collaborative, inclusive, empathic, and equitable community that respects and values the unique characteristics that exist among human beings, including differences in age, gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, academic/professional background, religious beliefs, political beliefs, sexual orientation, mental/physical abilities, and military experiences. Indiana Tech aims to create and sustain a climate that is reflective of the world around us, where all may learn from one another. To achieve this goal, Indiana Tech believes it is important that the ideas, values, beliefs, talents, and needs of all constituents of Indiana Tech are welcomed and supported in order to fully participate in the global 21st century society.
Indiana Tech is dedicated to preparing our students for professional and personal success in the real world. To that end, we are committed to the following:
- Striving for academic excellence and continuous improvement in all programs
- Strengthening and building upon our commitment to relationship-based education
- Attracting, developing, and retaining dedicated and excellent teachers, staff, and administrators committed to making a significant difference in the lives of our students and the community
- Integrating theory and practice through learning activities encompassing real-world experience and scholarly exploration.
- Expanding the scope of programs offered, thereby giving students more career options
- Giving each student the support and encouragement needed to stay in school to complete their education
- Emphasizing ethics and integrity in all that we do
- Fostering a life of balance among academics, social and cultural activities
- Increasing the geographic diversity of our student population
- Providing professional development and life-long learning
- Evaluating each decision by asking, “Does It Positively Impact Students?” (DIPIS)
- Manage the university’s finances in a fiscally responsible manner
- Maintain a consistent and well-planned budget process and review
- Sustain a pleasant work environment, one that fosters challenge and productivity
- Reach our goals through team relationships across all departments
- Strive to contribute to our local communities in a positive way
- Beautify the natural aesthetics of our campuses
- Ensure a drug-free and harassment-free workplace