Return to: Degree Options
As our world becomes increasingly more volatile, the demand for emergency response management professionals continues to grow. Professionals in this field work to protect life and property and to ensure the most complete disaster recovery possible. Our program in Emergency Response Management prepares students for careers in the public sector in a variety of agencies in local, state or federal government, as well as nonprofit and private organizations involved in emergency planning, mitigation, response, recovery and prevention.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to identify and define areas of emergency management responsibility including mitigation opportunities, planning, training, warning, evacuation, sheltering, damage assessment, debris removal, donation management, volunteer management, public information, federal assistance programs and recovery programs.
- Graduates will be able to apply emergency management processes and methodologies including hazard identification, threat analysis and vulnerability assessment.
- Graduates will be able to explain effective approaches to prevention, planning, mitigation, response and recovery.
- Graduates will be able to explain the techniques for information gathering and sharing, intelligence analysis, preparation for mass disasters, preemption of terrorism and the employment of an Incident Command System under the National Incident Management System.
- Graduates will be able to identify and implement basic financial concepts and tools to include budgeting and management of grant applications.